We’ve developed a holistic view of the dimensions of regeneration and looked into the value of leverage points for those hoping to steer a complex adaptive system. Now we consider what may be the most important question of all: what can I do? What lies within my locus of control?
Donella Meadows identified the most powerful leverage point as
The power to transcend paradigms
A paradigm exists in a mind — it is the lens through which one looks at the world. And this lens can be reshaped through conscious effort. You are a leverage point.
This week we explore ways we can transcend our own selves to lead the societal transformation we hope to realize. Regeneration starts within. By living a life of flourishing, your incandescence can overflow into your family, your community, your workplace.Preparation¶
Please read the following:
- Activities for Flourishing: An Evidence-Based Guide, Tyler J. VanderWeele (2020);
- The Principles of Environmental Justice (EJ), People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit (1991);
- Applied Regenerative Economics, Louise Borreani (2021)
- Sacred Economics, Charles Eisenstein (2012);
- Positive Sum Worlds: Remaking Public Goods, Sam Hart, Toby Shorin, Laura Lotti (2021);
- Meditations on Moloch, Scott Alexander (2014);
- Transcending the individualist-collectivist divide, Kevin Owocki (2021);
- A Vision for A Pluralistic Civilizational Scale Infrastructure for funding Public Goods, Kevin Owocki (2021);
- Interspecies Money, Jonathan Ledgard (2022)